Change Major/Minor or Add Major/Minor

Tags Workflow


How do I change my major/minor

How do I add a major/minor

How do I change my academic catalog



Anytime you make a significant change your academic program, you should talk to your academic advisor.  If you feel uncomfortable talking to your advisor about changing away from a major that he/she is tied to, then talk to a professional advisor in the Academic and Career Planning Center (ACPC). 


  1. Speak with your Advisor
  2. Once you have a good sense of the consequences of changing your academic program
  3. Complete Change of Major Form
    1. Click the Change Major button on this page
    2. Review the Change of Major Service 
  4. The form goes to the ACPC and the Registrar’s Office, where changes to your advisor and your academic program will be made within 2-3 days
Change Major


Article ID: 5622
Thu 10/8/20 1:01 PM
Wed 11/16/22 4:16 PM
KCS Article Status
WIP: Only Problem & some Environment captured
Not Validated: Complete & Resolution captured, confidence lacks in structure, content, no feedback
Validated: Complete & reusable, used by licensed KCS user, confidence in resolution & std. compliance

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Use this service to change or declare a major