Verifying how Transfer Credits were Applied to my Degree


How do I know how my transfer credits have been applied to my academic degree program?


  • Transfer Credits


Whenever a student wishes to bring in credits from an institution outside of the South Dakota Board of Regents system, he/she must provide an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office.  Upon receipt of the official transcript, the Registrar’s Office determines whether the credits can count as university credits at USD.  In most cases they do; then the Registrar’s office applies the credits as equivalent credits at USD or elective credits.  


  1. Students may petition to determine course equivalency by going to Student Resources >Transfer Credit and filling out a Transfer Equivalency Request 
  2. Academic advisors can help determine which courses may fit into intended programs at USD and track how those courses eventually are accepted by USD


Article ID: 5621
Thu 10/8/20 12:53 PM
Thu 10/8/20 12:54 PM
KCS Article Status
WIP: Only Problem & some Environment captured
Not Validated: Complete & Resolution captured, confidence lacks in structure, content, no feedback
Validated: Complete & reusable, used by licensed KCS user, confidence in resolution & std. compliance